- that testing and quality assurance are continual processes, they ensure quality documentation is produced before release
- how to perform user testing to confirm that your instructions are accurate (test your document against the product/procedure/system you are documenting)
- how to apply basic usability testing principles through:
- style guidelines
- testing the documentation alongside the product
- using someone who is not familiar with the product to test the documentation
- usability labs.
- product testing if required.